List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:January 31 2007 4:37pm
Subject:Re: Replication not working?
View as plain text
Show Slave Status returns a bunch of stuff that I can't view in the command
line utility.  When I use a visual tool, it shows me a bunch of different
fields, but I didn't see anything that looked like an error.

Slave_IO_State = "Connecting to master".  Last_Errno is 0. So, from that
perspective, everything looks OK.

The last entry in the log was as follows:

070130 17:34:43 [ERROR] Slave I/O thread: error connecting to master
'Replication@Anchorman:3306': Error: 'Can't connect to MySQL server on
'Anchorman' (10061)'  errno: 2003  retry-time: 60  retries: 86400

I think that is the problem.  When setting up a replication user account, it
asks for "host", so I put my local server's name in there. Actually, that is
"host you will be making the connection from".  So, I changed it to that
machine's name, and I've been abel to connect using that user name and
password now.  I don't know if this has now stopped replication.  If so, how
do I restart it?

Thanks,
Jesse