List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 30 2007 8:00pm
Subject:Getting OT re San Jose (was RE: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed
(CA, United States of America) Medium)
View as plain text
I'd second the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum:

    http://www.egyptianmuseum.org/

Also the Computer History Museum (located in the former SGI
International Sales Office, I believe) is HIGHLY recommended by
me...one of the docents there the last time I visited was Gene
Amdahl! They have a working PDP-1, Cray 1, 2, 3 and Y-MP, and one of
Google's first server racks, among tons of other stuff. They're in
Mountain View, but it's not far, and would amply justify a carpool:

    http://www.computerhistory.org/

Intel's museum is in Santa Clara (never been there myself):

    http://www.intel.com/museum/index.htm

And the San Jose Museum of Art:

    http://www.sjmusart.org/

I found this exhibition to be quite interesting:

http://www.sjmusart.org/content/exhibitions/current/exhibition_info.phtml?itemID=324

And if you have kids with you (including inner children...), there's

    http://www.cdm.org/

Never been there, though, so I can't vouch for it. Interested in
aviation/space?

    http://www.moffettfieldmuseum.org/

    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/home/exploration.html

    http://www.hiller.org/