List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Braswell Date:January 30 2007 8:02am
Subject:Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States ofAmerica)
Medium
View as plain text
Great idea!  Tips on how to get around, good local restaurants (if you
like Vietnamese, San Jose is the place), and other things to do when you
need a break...  There is really a great deal just a short distance
away, but you have to know how to get there. It's possible there was
something like this last year, but I live in the area so I didn't look
for it.

I'm in full agreement that a conference is just that much better when it
includes a little variety, a chance to get away from the drab convention
hall, and a chance to socialize a little.

One thing I suggest is to attend the Quiz Show (Wed 8pm) or other "after
hours" activities. Great fun, and a good way to hook up with people for
dinner or drinks away from the center.

Eric

--
Eric Braswell
Web Manager     MySQL AB

Mike Wexler wrote:
> The area by the Santa Clara convention center is pretty dead, but you
> can take the light rail to downtown San Jose and there is a pretty
> lively nightlife there, lots of interesting restaurants, The Tech Museum
> and other things depending on you interests.
> Also there are lots more interesting places to eat than sizzler within
> in  5 minute drive of the convention center.
>
> Perhaps what is needed is either a nice cheatsheet of what to do and
> where to go?
> Or perhaps some of the locals could volunteer to be "ambassadors" and
> take people with similar interests to local activities, restaurants or
> points of interest.

Thread
Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States ofAmerica) MediumEd Reed29 Jan
  • [OT] Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States of America) MediumJoshua J. Kugler30 Jan
  • Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United StatesofAmerica) MediumEd Reed30 Jan
    • Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States ofAmerica)MediumMike Wexler30 Jan
      • Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States ofAmerica)MediumEric Braswell30 Jan
        • RE: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States ofAmerica) MediumJerry Schwartz30 Jan
          • Getting OT re San Jose (was RE: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed(CA, United States of America) Medium)Steve Edberg30 Jan
  • Re: General MySQL Question: Ed Reed (CA, United States of America) Mediummizioumt30 Jan