List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Suhas Pharkute Date:January 30 2007 3:25am
Subject:Re: Safe DB Distribution
View as plain text
Yep, I do understand that, but when I give DB to someone, I do not want them
to see the database. I want them to access the database thr' the php
application.

It is very simple, I don't want any one to see my DB in open way. But they
can access it thr' my app.

I agree with about file system, and that will work on Linux but
unfortunately I am working on Windows(98/NT/XP)

any ideas!!!

Thx
Suhas

On 1/29/07, Ales Zoulek <ales.zoulek@stripped> wrote:

> What is it exactly that you need to achieve?
>
> PHP script doesnt read a MySQL data files, MySQL server does. You can
> configure your OS and filesystem rights, so that only MySQL server can
> read them.
>
> Ales.

Suhas Pharkute, PhD
CEO - Syna Intelligence, LLP
V. 208 830 8915 (C)
E. sp@synaintel,.com
W. http://synaintel.com

Thread
Safe DB DistributionSuhas Pharkute29 Jan
  • Re: Safe DB DistributionFelix Geerinckx30 Jan
    • Re: Safe DB Distributionpeter lovatt30 Jan
      • Re: Safe DB DistributionDotan Cohen30 Jan
        • Re: Safe DB DistributionSuhas Pharkute30 Jan
    • Re: Safe DB Distributionmizioumt30 Jan
      • Re: Safe DB DistributionGerald L. Clark30 Jan
        • Re: Safe DB Distributionmizioumt30 Jan
        • Re: Safe DB Distributionmos30 Jan
  • Re: Safe DB DistributionFelix Geerinckx30 Jan
    • Re: Safe DB Distributionmizioumt30 Jan
Re: Safe DB DistributionAles Zoulek30 Jan
  • Re: Safe DB DistributionSuhas Pharkute30 Jan
    • RE: Safe DB DistributionSST - Adelaide)30 Jan
      • Re: Safe DB DistributionSuhas Pharkute30 Jan
      • Re: Safe DB DistributionSuhas Pharkute30 Jan
      • Re: Safe DB DistributionSuhas Pharkute30 Jan
        • Re: Safe DB DistributionDan Nelson30 Jan
          • Re: Safe DB DistributionAles Zoulek30 Jan