List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:January 26 2007 2:53am
Subject:Re: Innodb, why not?
View as plain text
At 03:54 PM 1/25/2007, you wrote:
> > Another thing to consider is:
>
>heh, silly mail client :).  Another thing to consider is this:
>
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/falcon/en/index.html
>
>Though it's "Not recommended for production use", I've heard people still use
>it in production environments.
>
>--

Chris,
       Falcon doesn't currently support RI. And like Innodb, it requires
its own table space so it too may get fragmented.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/falcon/en/se-falcon-createdb.html and will likely
require packing (sweeping?) from time to time. It would be nice to see some
benchmarks compared to InnoDb and MyISAM.

Mike
Thread
Innodb, why not?Olaf Stein25 Jan
  • Re: Innodb, why not?Brent Baisley25 Jan
  • Re: Innodb, why not?Chris White25 Jan
    • Re: Innodb, why not?Chris White25 Jan
      • Re: Innodb, why not?mos26 Jan
        • Re: Innodb, why not?Jocelyn Fournier26 Jan
  • Re: Innodb, why not?Martijn Tonies25 Jan