List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<unknown Date:April 19 1999 1:47am
Subject:Re: database corruption
View as plain text
Hmm... well, I'm using Linux.  I just checked on the server, and there
wasn't any kind of problem so far... When I get the table screwups, MySQL
statys running just fine.  I can do queries on the other tables.  In fact,
I can even do some operationsm like count(*), it just seems to bail on
inserts.  Should I put --skip-locking?

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

> unknown> turns out i didn't have skip-locking turned off (i removed that option
> unknown> from safe_mysqld but --skip-locking was the default... had to
> unknown> --enable-locking).
>
> Hi!
>
> What kind of system are you using?
>
> If you are using --enable-locking on a system that doesn't have a
> working lockd deamon (like Linux) you will run into trouble!
>
> Can you check if you mysqld crashes for you or if you get table
> crashes even while mysqld has stayed up?
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Thread
database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
    • Re: database corruptionunknown19 Apr
      • Re: database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
        • Re: database corruptionunknown19 Apr
          • Re: database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
            • Re: database corruptionunknown20 Apr