List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Smith Date:January 17 2007 3:15pm
Subject:Having problems with what appears to be a simple query.
View as plain text
I have a table with numerous columns but needing to perform a query
based on three columns:

Lab_number, result, release_time.

What I want to do is search for lab_number where there is a result but
not released.  The problem that is making this difficult for me, is that
there are multiple entries for the same lab_number, due to a lab_number
having 1 or more tests being performed on it.  The search I really want
to do is find the lab_number where ALL the tests have been performed and
not the lab_numbers which have partial results.

*-------------------------------------------------------*
|lab_number	|	result	|release_time		|
|	1	|	10	|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
|	1	|	20	|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
|	2	|	5	|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
|	2	|		|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
|	3	|		|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
|	3	|		|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
|	3	|		|0000-00-00 00:00:00	|
*-------------------------------------------------------*

So the query I want will only return 1, as 2 is not yet complete.  The
attempts I have made so far will return 2 as well.  The thing that is
really annoying me is that I know I will kick myself when I see a
solution!

Thanks

Danny

Thread
Having problems with what appears to be a simple query.Daniel Smith17 Jan
  • Re: Having problems with what appears to be a simple query.Peter Brawley17 Jan
    • Re: Having problems with what appears to be a simple query.Daniel Smith17 Jan