List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 16 2007 4:48am
Subject:Re: Question in ORACLE
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 16), Prem said:
> I have a question in ORACLE indexing.... What is the difference
> between B-Tree index and Bitmap index?

A MySQL list isn't the right place to ask Oracle questions :)

Oracle has excellent documentation and explains what Bitmap and B-tree
indexes are, and where they should be used:

Index concepts, including details on B-tree indexes:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/schema.htm#CNCPT811

Use of Bitmap indexes in data warehousing:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14223/indexes.htm

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped