List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nuno Oliveira Date:January 12 2007 8:28pm
Subject:Re: Row position in table when sorted?
View as plain text
Jerry Schwartz wrote:
> Now that I re-read your question, I think your answer is that the LIMIT
> clause applies to the set of records retrieved after all of the conditions
> are applied. In your example,
>
> SELECT * FROM clients WHERE name LIKE "Mark%" ORDER BY name LIMIT 1, 7;
>
> Then
>
> SELECT * FROM clients WHERE name LIKE "Mark%" ORDER BY name LIMIT 8, 7;
>
> Is that what you were asking?
>
> Have you looked at using the HANDLER statement? [...]

Well... Yes and No!

Yes, The examples that you provided with the LIMIT would work but...
Yes, that could be be what I was asking but it doesn't fit on my needs.
You guys don't have access to my code because if you have you would know
that I'm just a beginner and my code wouldn't be "compatible" with your
suggestions.

But not everything is bad news... Now I know that the values that I set
with LIMIT are not related with the position of my data in the table but
to the position of the data after I apply a filter (WHERE)...

I will reprogram the Show Client page to use WHERE RelationID=#NUM#
instead of LIMIT #NUM#,1

So... Thank you guys and I will probably come back :)

(Off-Topic: I'm using Thunderbird/1.5 & Gmail and I do a Reply All which
sends the messages to the person I'm replying and CC's to the list but I
never receive my own messages. Is this the normal behavior? Thanks)
Thread
Row position in table when sorted?Nuno Oliveira12 Jan
  • Re: Row position in table when sorted?Rolando Edwards12 Jan
    • Re: Row position in table when sorted?Nuno Oliveira12 Jan
    • Re: Row position in table when sorted?Felix Geerinckx12 Jan
  • RE: Row position in table when sorted?Jerry Schwartz12 Jan