List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 19 1999 1:17am
Subject:Re: LOAD SYNTAX
View as plain text
>I want to LOAD a tab delim file from another host onto a MySql server.
>
>What is the SYNTAX for the PATHNAME to the separate host  (
>otherhost.com/tabfile.txt )
>
>ie,  LOAD DATA INFILE    '??????'    INTO TABLE onmysql ....

The file must be on the local host, in which case you use
LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "filename" ... , or else it must
be on the server host and you must have the file privilege.

If the file is on a host that is neither the local host nor
the server host, you cannot use LOAD DATA.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
LOAD SYNTAXLawrence Blades19 Apr