List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Dunning Date:January 12 2007 6:49pm
Subject:Re: [OT} How to pronounce GIF (was: Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDB)
View as plain text
On Jan 7, 2007, at 4:23 PM, TK wrote:

> In short, the original inventors of the GIF format (CompuServe,
> 1987) have always defined the pronunciation to be like "JIF."  So,
> that has always been the "correct" pronunciation.

Sure, so I'll start pronouncing "graphics" as "jraphics".

Thread
How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDBjs 7 Jan
  • Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDBMichael Stearne7 Jan
  • Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDBJan Pieter Kunst7 Jan
    • Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDBPhilip Mather8 Jan
  • Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDBChris White8 Jan
Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDBBrian Dunning7 Jan
  • [OT} How to pronounce GIF (was: Re: How to pronounce MyISAMand InnoDB)TK8 Jan
    • Re: [OT} How to pronounce GIF (was: Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDB)Brian Dunning12 Jan
      • RE: [OT} How to pronounce GIF (was: Re: How to pronounce MyISAM and InnoDB)Jerry Schwartz12 Jan
      • Re: [OT} How to pronounce GIFGerald L. Clark12 Jan
        • Re: [OT} How to pronounce GIFmizioumt19 Jan
RE: [OT} How to pronounce GIFJohn Trammell12 Jan
  • Selecting records based on max and valueDavid Ruggles12 Jan
    • Re: Selecting records based on max and valuePeter Brawley12 Jan
      • RE: Selecting records based on max and valueDavid Ruggles12 Jan
    • Re: Selecting records based on max and valueShawn Green13 Jan
  • Re: [OT} How to pronounce GIFEric Braswell12 Jan