List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Felix Geerinckx Date:January 11 2007 7:01pm
Subject:Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATE
View as plain text
gimi@stripped (Gilles MISSONNIER) wrote in
news:Pine.LNX.4.63.0701111127360.5910@ style="color:#666">stripped:

> I rewrite my question in a simpler (?) way :
> How could I load in the database, data from a text file containaing
> date in a NOT MySQL standard date format [precisely char(10)], so that
> I get the date into a MySQL standard date format in a column of type
> "date" ?

1. Load your dates in a thedate CHAR(10) column.
2. Then UPDATE foo SET thedate = STR_TO_DATE(thedate, '%d/%m/%Y');
3. Then ALTER TABLE foo MODIFY COLUMN thedate DATE;
Thread
how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEGilles MISSONNIER10 Jan
  • Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEViSolve DB Team11 Jan
    • Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEGilles MISSONNIER11 Jan
      • Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEJake Peavy11 Jan
        • Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEDan Nelson11 Jan
          • Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEJake Peavy11 Jan
  • Re: how to take advantage of STR_TO_DATEFelix Geerinckx11 Jan