List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:January 8 2007 2:38pm
Subject:RE: How to access an array variables in a single query
View as plain text
Within the limits of an overall query, the IN clause can be arbitrarily
long. You'll use a loop in your program to construct a string such as
$instring .= "'$a[$i]',"
and then remove the unneeded trailing comma.

Our code here does that with very large lists that are the result of a
query. I don't like it, because it might fail mysteriously if the query gets
too long, but I inherited it and haven't thought of a good way to rewrite
it.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

Thread
How to access an array variables in a single queryVenuGopal Papasani6 Jan
  • Re: How to access an array variables in a single queryViSolve DB Team6 Jan
    • Re: How to access an array variables in a single queryVenuGopal Papasani6 Jan
      • Re: How to access an array variables in a single queryDan Nelson6 Jan
      • RE: How to access an array variables in a single queryJerry Schwartz8 Jan
        • Re: How to access an array variables in a single queryBrent Baisley8 Jan