List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mungbeans Date:January 1 2007 11:56pm
Subject:Deleting Foreign Key
View as plain text
I have a foreign key in a table which I need to drop.  I have successfully
dropped other foreign keys from this table using phpMyAdmin.  However when I
use these commands I get similar error messages:

 ALTER TABLE `mytable` DROP FOREIGN KEY `keyname`
#1025 - Error on rename of '.\database\mytable' to '.\database\#sql2-6ec-11'
(errno: 152)

 ALTER TABLE `mytable` DROP INDEX `keyname`
#1025 - Error on rename of '.\database\#sql-6ec_13' to '.\database\mytable'
(errno: 150)

Any clues as to what I need to do to get rid of this constraint?  I want to
delete the entire table structure and replace it with a different one and
this is the only thing stopping me.