List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:JamesDR Date:December 28 2006 4:31pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFox
View as plain text
Matt Neimeyer wrote:
>> I think it's your PHP application; how did you "debug" your application?
>
> All this is doing is letting our customer add their contacts to the
> database.
> This is on the "quick add" form and asks them to enter a first and last
> name
> and an email.
>
> I debugged by re-writing it temporarily to do this...
>
> $SQL = 'INSERT INTO Contacts (ContFirst,ContLast,ContEmail,UserID)
> VALUES ("'
>       .$_POST["ContFirst"].'","'.$_POST["ContLast"]
>       .'","'.$_POST["ContEmail"].'",'.$MyID.')';
> echo $SQL;
> $result = mysql_query($SQL,$db);
>
> On the theory that the echo shouldn't change the contents of the $SQL
> variable.
> Then on the same client machine, I open both browsers and launch the
> page. In
> both browsers I can see the exact same statement (including the value of
> $MyID)
> on the screen but in IE it works and on FireFox it doesn't.
>
> As soon as I see the SQL on the screen I query directly (not through
> PHP) to
> pull out the records and see that UserID is missing.

If UserID is missing ($MyID) track back and see what sets this. If $MyID
is missing, it may/may not be the browsers fault. (You've not given us
enough code to really help. I have 20 or so 'simple form' apps here all
work fine with both IE and FireFox (inserts/updates/deletes/selects) in
both PHP and MSASP. )
Can you paste in both statements fully filled out from both browsers? So
we can see what the data is looking like (same data.)

As an aside, you may want to be doing SQL injection checking or
sanitizing if you aren't already doing so.
--
Thanks,
James

Thread
MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxMatt Neimeyer27 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxLemuel Formacil27 Dec
    • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxMatt Neimeyer28 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz28 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxPeter Brawley28 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz28 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJamesDR28 Dec
  • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz27 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxViSolve DB Team28 Dec