List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:December 28 2006 3:18pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFox
View as plain text
Matt,

 >$SQL = 'INSERT INTO Contacts (ContFirst,ContLast,ContEmail,UserID)
VALUES ("'
 >      .$_POST["ContFirst"].'","'.$_POST["ContLast"]
 >      .'","'.$_POST["ContEmail"].'",'.$MyID.')';
 >echo $SQL;
 >$result = mysql_query($SQL,$db);

If userid is an int, why quote the $myid value?

Did you check what's echoed against the server log?

PB

-----

Matt Neimeyer wrote:
>> I think it's your PHP application; how did you "debug" your application?
>
> All this is doing is letting our customer add their contacts to the
> database.
> This is on the "quick add" form and asks them to enter a first and
> last name
> and an email.
>
> I debugged by re-writing it temporarily to do this...
>
> $SQL = 'INSERT INTO Contacts (ContFirst,ContLast,ContEmail,UserID)
> VALUES ("'
>       .$_POST["ContFirst"].'","'.$_POST["ContLast"]
>       .'","'.$_POST["ContEmail"].'",'.$MyID.')';
> echo $SQL;
> $result = mysql_query($SQL,$db);
>
> On the theory that the echo shouldn't change the contents of the $SQL
> variable.
> Then on the same client machine, I open both browsers and launch the
> page. In
> both browsers I can see the exact same statement (including the value
> of $MyID)
> on the screen but in IE it works and on FireFox it doesn't.
>
> As soon as I see the SQL on the screen I query directly (not through
> PHP) to
> pull out the records and see that UserID is missing.
>
>> What data type is column 'C'?  Is it ENUM?
>
> Nope. Nothing compilicated... ContFirst,ContLast are Char(30),
> ContEmail is
> Char(100), UserID (the one failing) is INT(4). The typical values of
> UserID (at
> least when debugging, and still failing) were numbers from 1-20.
>
> Again... since I'm seeing the exact same statement on the screen in
> the echo,
> theory has it that the exact same statement is being passed into the
> mysql_query in the next line.
>
> This is why I'm so baffled. Normally I echo the actual statement and it's
> obvious what my error is. (Oh... a comma...) OR I echo the statement
> and see
> that FireFox handles cookies different, or passes form values
> different, or
> truncates $_GET at a different length or some other equally obscure
> thing but
> still that the STATEMENT differs and I have something to start tracing
> from.
> Here the statement is identical on both browsers and one fails and the
> other
> doesn't.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Matt

MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxMatt Neimeyer27 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxLemuel Formacil27 Dec
    • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxMatt Neimeyer28 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz28 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxPeter Brawley28 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz28 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJamesDR28 Dec
  • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz27 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxViSolve DB Team28 Dec