List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Neimeyer Date:December 27 2006 2:45pm
Subject:MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFox
View as plain text
We recently started getting reports that when users access our PHP based CRM
system that it "didn't work". After much debugging and tracking down it looks
like that ultimately what's happening is that SOMETIMES with a statement
like...

   INSERT INTO Customers (A,B,C) VALUES ("One","Two","Three")

...that Three just doesn't make it into the database. So If I...

   SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE A="One"

... I would get "One","Two",""

It seems to happen more often (maybe only) with FireFox. Other tables have no
problems that we can see. C is indexed... but we have other indexed fields in
the table that don't seem to be affected. It's not our biggest table by far...

I'm baffled. Where do I look next?

This is on a hosted box so we have limited access to the "command line". This is
using PHP 4.3.11 with MySQL 3.23.58 on Apache 2.0.51 on a Fedora system (of
unknown version)

Thanks in advance...

Matt

Thread
MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxMatt Neimeyer27 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxLemuel Formacil27 Dec
    • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxMatt Neimeyer28 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz28 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxPeter Brawley28 Dec
      • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz28 Dec
      • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJamesDR28 Dec
  • RE: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxJerry Schwartz27 Dec
  • Re: MySQL Data Vanishing with FireFoxViSolve DB Team28 Dec