List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ViSolve DB Team Date:December 27 2006 9:38am
Subject:Re: What to do if a table is supposed to get > 3GB data per day?
View as plain text
Hi,

In our opinion,  you can opt any or all of these:

a) Build indexes; or rebuild indexes with REPAIR TABLE
b)  Take Periodic backup(mysqldump) based on the importance of the data.
Clear the current table on specific condition.
c) If clearing the table affects the transactions that depends on past data,
then well and good compress the table.[only for myisam]
   shell> myisampack <tablename>.MYI
   shell>myisamchk -rq <tablename>.MYI

Thanks
ViSolve DB Team