List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:meridklt Date:December 26 2006 7:52am
Subject:Primary field do I need one
View as plain text
I'm working through (my first day) PHP & MySQL for Dummies and I'm stuck on
the primary field for my database.
I want to create a racing pigeon results database that has 6 fields only.
The results will be imported into the database in bulk from a CSV file
Owner - GBring - Ering - Arrivedtime - date - position

If I'm not wrong, surely whichever one of the first 3 fields I create as a
primary field will stop me entering any races after the first one, because
every race thereafter will always for the most part be the same owners and
rings.

So do I have to have a primary key?