List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Juan Eduardo Moreno Date:December 12 2006 9:52am
Subject:innodb_buffer_pool_size. How to setup with more than 5G ?
View as plain text
Hi everyone!!

Normally we can set the  .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %  of RAM
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 50% of phisical memory.

And

# Set .._log_file_size to 25 % of buffer pool size
innodb_log_file_size = 25% of buffer pool size

Now, we installed a machine using  Linux Redhat ES with 16G of RAM. When try
to configure, for example 50% of ram ( 8G) in the innodb_buffer_pool_size,
the Innodb and MySQL startup but not create the innodb log file size.

It`s necessary use any special configuration in order to use 50-80% of 16G
RAM in the Inno_buffer_pool_size?. Hugemem for OS or something for
innodb/mysql?.

Today we only config 5G in the innodb_buffer_pool_size.

Thank you,
Juan

Thread
innodb_buffer_pool_size. How to setup with more than 5G ?Juan Eduardo Moreno12 Dec
  • Re: innodb_buffer_pool_size. How to setup with more than 5G ?Remigiusz Soko?owski18 Dec
    • Re: innodb_buffer_pool_size. How to setup with more than 5G ?Juan Eduardo Moreno18 Dec