List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:December 11 2006 2:15pm
Subject:MySql locking during BLOB upload
View as plain text
Dear MySql,

I am finding my version 5.1.6 and 4.1.9 sometimes locking up during the
passing of BLOB data.  Size between 25 and 250 KB.

If I repeat the transaction it will pass.

Statistically it occurs about 1 in 30 INSERTs or UPDATEs or a blob.

Non-Blob data to the same table will never lock.

mysqladmin will show an entry 'Sleep'.

The only ever solution is to kill my connection and try again.

There is no one table, no one server and no one version of MySql which
does this, and the problem is not repeatable.

Has anybody experienced this and maybe knows what I can do?

Regards,

Ben

Thread
MySql locking during BLOB uploadBen Clewett11 Dec