List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dominik Klein Date:December 8 2006 10:12am
Subject:Re: How to rename database name
View as plain text
> 1.  'mysqldump' the current database, drop it and create a new database.
> Move the dumped data into the new database.

This should work with any engine.

> 2.  Stop mysqld.  Rename the database folder in the datadirectory. Start
> the server and grant access permissions

This does imho only work for myisam databases. It does definetly not
work for innodb databases. I do not work with other engines so I dont
know about them.
Thread
How to rename database namejagdish gunjal8 Dec
  • Re: How to rename database nameVisolve DB Team8 Dec
    • Re: How to rename database nameDominik Klein8 Dec