List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:December 6 2006 8:35am
Subject:Re: Query Cache
View as plain text
Chris,

Thanks for clearing that up.  You are right, I don't want the general
log or the mysql shell history.

I'm not happy that I can't get at the Query Cache.  I am sure there are
tools which MySql developers must use to test the cache.  I'll have to
look at the source code directories...

Regards,

Ben

Chris wrote:
> Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
>> Ben Clewett wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mohsen,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply.
>>>
>>> I'm looking in the home directory, as well as the other directories
>>> used by mysql and I can't see any files which I do not recognise.  (I
>>> am UNIX so there are no hidden files.)
>>>
>>> I am also a little confuses as the Query Cache is entirely a memory
>>> structure, does it use a file?
>
> You're talking about different things.
>
> Mohsen thinks you want to see the the last queries that were run, which
> are stored in the ~/.mysql_history file.
>
> Ben wants to see what queries are stored in the query cache
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/query-cache.html).
>
> I don't think you can get a list of queries that mysql has stored in the
> cache.

Thread
Query CacheBen Clewett4 Dec
Re: Query CacheBen Clewett4 Dec
  • Re: Query CacheMohsen Pahlevanzadeh5 Dec
    • Re: Query CacheBen Clewett5 Dec
      • Re: Query CacheMohsen Pahlevanzadeh5 Dec
        • Re: Query CacheBen Clewett5 Dec
    • Re: Query CacheChris6 Dec
      • Re: Query CacheBen Clewett6 Dec