List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:T.J. Mahaffey Date:December 1 2006 5:33pm
Subject:A little sort/group by help please
View as plain text
I've developed several job tracking applications here at my job.
One of them relies heavily on a series of date stamps in the main table.
Each job has about 6 milestones, each with a respective "sibling"
column in the same table. The first sibling reflects the job's
predicted date milestone and the second sibling gets populated with
the *actual* date when that milestone is met. LIke this:

col1_date_predicted		col1_date_actual		col2_date_predicted
col2_date_actual

The "_date_actual" columns contain "0000-00-00" until their
respective milestones have actually passed and is set to a real
datestamp.
Now, when displaying the records in this table, I'm highlighting a
row in blue if all of the *actual* dates are populated with legit
datestamp.

My question: I can't for the life of me figure out how I might sort
or group these all-populated rows (colored in blue) together in the
list.
Can someone give me some guidance?
Thanks in advance.

--
T.J. Mahaffey
tj@stripped

Thread
InnoDB does not preserve AUTO_INCREMENT -- WTF!?Daevid Vincent10 Nov
Re: InnoDB does not preserve AUTO_INCREMENT -- WTF!?Ryan Stille10 Nov
  • Re: InnoDB does not preserve AUTO_INCREMENT -- WTF!?David Griffiths11 Nov
Re: InnoDB does not preserve AUTO_INCREMENT -- WTF!?Miles Teg13 Nov
  • A little sort/group by help pleaseT.J. Mahaffey1 Dec