List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:November 28 2006 3:48am
Subject:Re: Simple doubt
View as plain text
 >But if I do like this..
 >select distinct store, price from Item
 >will both become distinct?

SELECT DISTINCT returns one result row per distinct _result_ row (which
will be the same as 'per distinct table row' only if all table columns
are selected).

 >The questiion is How will capture the entries
 >which are entered more than once...

The set of repeated result rows is the set of result rows discarded by
SELECT DISTINCT. Which do you want to return, the distinct rows, or the
dupes?

PB

Renish wrote:

> But if I do like this..
> select distinct store, price from Item
>
> will both become distinct?
>
> How can I make only one distinct ie "store" distinct
>
> regards,
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Brawley"
> <peter.brawley@stripped>

>>> Orange