I tried setting 'bind-address' as an option from ~/.my.cnf:
(amit0:~) # cat ~/.my.cnf
(amit0:~) # mysqld
061126 16:08:54 [ERROR] mysqld: unknown option '--bind-address 127.0.0.1'
1. Is 'bind-address' then not an 'option'?
2. As 'bind-address' IS settable via /etc/mysql/my.cnf, I'm
wondering what are my options of overriding this locally, per user?
3. Can I both set and unset 'bind-address' by overriding?
4. Are all the configuration params in /etc/mysql/my.cnf like that?
5. Is 'mysqld --verbose' the suggested way to test reading of
configuration/option files? If not, what is the recommended procedure?
6. Is there a way to query 'bind-address' via mysql console/mysqladmin?