List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kieran Kelleher Date:November 22 2006 12:38pm
Subject:Re: shutdown database but not mysqld
View as plain text
Just make a backup of the database to a file using mysqldump and then
drop the database. If you need to recreate it again in the future,
you can use the mysqldump backup file.

On Nov 21, 2006, at 9:28 PM, Alfred Mak wrote:

> Can I shutdown one of the databases in MySQL but not the whole
> mysqld process (i.e. keeping the other databases still running) ?

Thread
shutdown database but not mysqldAlfred Mak22 Nov
  • Re: shutdown database but not mysqldDan Nelson22 Nov
    • Re: shutdown database but not mysqldPhilip Mather22 Nov
  • Re: shutdown database but not mysqldKieran Kelleher22 Nov
    • Re: shutdown database but not mysqldPhilip Mather22 Nov