List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kory Wheatley Date:November 13 2006 5:50pm
Subject:Find next available number for gidnumbers and uidnumbers
View as plain text
I need some advice. We currently are in the process of starting to use  LDAP  for our
accounts to authenticate.  Now when I create a new LDAP account I need to assign a free
gidnumber and uidnumber which can be to 1 to 9999999.   My plan is to load all gidnumbers
and uidnumbers that are being used into two separate mysql tables.  What command could I
use to find the first number that is not being used or not in the database?.

 Now sometimes it could be 12 or the very highest number, because when accounts are
deleted these numbers will be removed from the tables, so I need to find the next
available number.

Thread
Find next available number for gidnumbers and uidnumbersKory Wheatley13 Nov
  • RE: Find next available number for gidnumbers and uidnumbersJerry Schwartz13 Nov
  • Re: Find next available number for gidnumbers and uidnumbersDan Buettner13 Nov