List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:November 10 2006 7:48am
Subject:ORDER BY RAND() gives me duplicate rows sometimes
View as plain text
I am using this query to pull three random comments from a table:

"SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(created_on, '%b %D') as date_format FROM comments
ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 3";

The problem is that sometimes, I get two of the same comment. How can I
refine this query to give me 3 unique/distinct ones?

Thread
ORDER BY RAND() gives me duplicate rows sometimesDaevid Vincent10 Nov
  • Re: ORDER BY RAND() gives me duplicate rows sometimesChristian Hammers10 Nov
    • RE: ORDER BY RAND() gives me duplicate rows sometimesJerry Schwartz10 Nov
  • Re: ORDER BY RAND() gives me duplicate rows sometimesuYe10 Nov