List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Buettner Date:November 8 2006 2:43pm
Subject:Re: V 5.0.18 on Mac OS X
View as plain text
Good morning, Steffan -

Can you post some details about what you mean when you say the tables
are damaged?  What makes you say that / what are the signs/symptoms?

Does the server process crash, or stop responding?  Do you see
anything in the error logs?  Do you have enough disk space for temp
tables?

Can you post the output of SHOW STATUS; after it has been running for
a while as well ?

If the server truly is just being overloaded, then an analysis of the
problematic/slow queries would be in order.  Could be that better
queries and/or additional indices could help.  Still, I'd like to know
more about what is happening with the damaged tables.

I don't know of any specific problems with 5.0.18, but it generally
doesn't hurt to upgrade to the latest production release.  The release
notes are online so you could search for relevant fixes before
deciding to download and upgrade.

Dan