List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Stille Date:November 8 2006 2:22pm
Subject:MySQL on a ram disk?
View as plain text
We have an intense data process that runs every few minutes, clearing
and then loading a database with thousands of records of data, which are
then queried on from a website.  The periodic load takes about 20
seconds.  Some of the front end select queries take a second or two.
This is all running on MSSQL, and we are wondering if we could find any
speed improvements by moving to MySQL, possibly running on a ram disk.
Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Thread
MySQL on a ram disk?Ryan Stille8 Nov
  • RE: MySQL on a ram disk?Jimmy Guerrero8 Nov
    • Re: MySQL on a ram disk?Ryan Stille8 Nov
      • Re: Re: MySQL on a ram disk?Dan Buettner8 Nov
  • Re: MySQL on a ram disk?Atle Veka10 Nov