List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:November 6 2006 11:34am
Subject:Re: Convert hex to decimal?
View as plain text
> I have a table with a SMALLINT column that -- trough a mistake --
> contains values like 57, 13 etc. which in fact are 0x57 and 0x13 (i.e.
> HEX numbers).
>
> How would I convert
>
> 13 ("false decimal") to 0x13 (Hex) and from there to 19 (decimal)?
>
> I tried my luck with UNHEX and CAST but I only got 0 or NULL back
respectively.

This seems to work:

select cast(x'13' as unsigned)

So treat the column as a string (or cast it like that) and use this cast.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Convert hex to decimal?Frederic Wenzel6 Nov
  • Re: Convert hex to decimal?Martijn Tonies6 Nov
  • Re: Convert hex to decimal?DuĊĦan Pavlica6 Nov
    • Re: Convert hex to decimal?Frederic Wenzel6 Nov