List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 2 2006 3:33pm
Subject:Re: MyISAM vs InnoDB
View as plain text
At 08:32 AM 11/2/2006, you wrote:

>(needs
>notices;
> > >
> > > Ok, so your solution is to use something else?
> >
> >       Well, this is a MySQL list… you can use MySQL with InnoDB, if you
>are
> > willing to either have a proprietary backup solution or to use a β
>backend.
> >

> > > Is there a better open source database out there for that amount of
>data?
> >
> >      Several.  MySQL’s own MaxDB, PostgreSQL, Firebird if you are
> into
> > Borland stuff, Ingres if you need XA distributed transactions.
>
>Firebird isn't Borland :-)
>
> > I usually recommend PostgreSQL, or Ingres if two-phase commits are
> > needed.
>
>Firebird has two-phase commits.

Martijin,
         Can Firebird store 1TB in a single table? All of FB tables are
stored in a single .GDB file, so is it possible to even split the table
across several drives?

         There is also the Falcon table engine that is coming out for
MySQL, but MySQL AB claims it is *not* a replacement for InnoDb. So why
introduce it?

Mike
Thread
MyISAM vs InnoDBFrancis31 Oct
  • RE: MyISAM vs InnoDBJimmy Guerrero31 Oct
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA1 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMiles Thompson1 Nov
      • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBJon Ribbens1 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBPaul McCullagh1 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBmos1 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMartijn Tonies1 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBmos1 Nov
      • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBJochem van Dieten1 Nov
        • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBmos1 Nov
          • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBJochem van Dieten2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBEdward Macnaghten1 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBEdward Macnaghten1 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA2 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBJochem van Dieten2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMartijn Tonies2 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBmos2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMartijn Tonies2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMartijn Tonies2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA2 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMartijn Tonies3 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA6 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLeandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA6 Nov
    • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBJochem van Dieten7 Nov
      • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBLars Heidieker7 Nov
  • Re: MyISAM vs InnoDBMartijn Tonies6 Nov