List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<unknown Date:April 18 1999 7:28pm
Subject:Re: constant database corruption
View as plain text
Well, I did remove --skip-locking, so I should be able to run isamchk any
time, right?

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

> unknown> every single day, I end up with this:
> unknown> Checking ISAM file: outhits
> unknown> Data records:   10604   Deleted blocks:   18049
> unknown> - check file-size
> unknown> - check delete-chain
> unknown> isamchk: error: delete-link-chain corrupted
> unknown> - check index reference
> unknown> - check data record references index: 1
> unknown> isamchk: error: Found key at page 22528 that points to record outside
> unknown> datafile
> unknown> ISAM-table 'outhits' is corrupted
> unknown> Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"
>
> unknown> I'm not sure what the cause is.  It wasn't happening before -- now it's
> unknown> *ever* day.  Any ideas?  I'm using 3.22.20a, but it was also happening
> on
> unknown> 3.22.13 before I upgraded (in a vain attempt to fix it).
>
> unknown> ---
> unknown> tani hosokawa
> unknown> river styx internet
>
> Hi!
>
> Are you sure the MySQL server wasn't updating the table while you ran isamchk?
>
> Please read the suggestions at:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Problems.html#Crashing
>
> If you can find any way to replicate this, we will be able to provide
> a patch very fast!
>
> Note that if you are using a table with VARCHAR and without
> BLOBS, you can try changing all VARCHAR to CHAR.  This will force
> MySQL to use a fixed size rows.  These takes a little extra place, but
> are much more tolerant for corruption!
>
> The current dynamic row code has been in use at TCX for at least 3
> years without any problems, but by nature dynamic length rows are more
> prone to errors so it may be a good idea to try if the above helps!
>
> Regards,
> Monty

constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • Re: constant database corruptionVan18 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • constant database corruptionMichael Widenius18 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionPaul DuBois18 Apr
      • Re: constant database corruptionBarry20 Apr
        • RE: constant database corruptionBill Gerrard20 Apr
    • Re: constant database corruptionunknown18 Apr
      • Re: constant database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr