List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:October 31 2006 8:08am
Subject:Re: Performance of different length/size datatypes
View as plain text
Just wondering: this link seems to refer to Firebird/InterBase, not
MySQL.

In particular, MySQL stores Blobs "in row", the text describes the
"out of row" storage of Blobs.

As a result, I don't think there is much difference in the
performance of BLOB and VARCHAR(255) in MySQL (VARCHAR is probably a
tick faster).

Regards,
Paul