List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ow Mun Heng Date:October 31 2006 7:43am
Subject:MSSQL NoLock vs MySQL NoLock
View as plain text
Hi,

Just wanted to post this here to see if anyone knows the difference.

In MSSQL, there is a hint which can be used to ask the DB to not lock
the tables during queries and then to read un-commited/dirty data. This
command is like

select count(*) from MyTable nolock

in MySQL, I found that I can do the same thing with the same syntax.
Having read through this post in the forum,
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?60,81970,82201#msg-82201

I'm just curious to know if anyone knows that they are one and the same.

Thanks

Thread
MSSQL NoLock vs MySQL NoLockOw Mun Heng31 Oct
  • Re: MSSQL NoLock vs MySQL NoLockDan Nelson31 Oct
    • Re: MSSQL NoLock vs MySQL NoLockOw Mun Heng1 Nov