List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alan Nilsson Date:October 30 2006 11:09pm
Subject:finding NULL records
View as plain text
I am trying to find records where the value of a filed is NULL.  I
know that there are records that have null values but the result is
always an empty set.

eg:
select test_id from tests where test_id=NULL

always returns an empty set when there are in fact records that have
a null value for test_id.  Is there some trick to finding null valued
records in MySQL?  This same sql has always worked on any other dbms
I have used.

thanks
alan

Thread
finding NULL recordsAlan Nilsson31 Oct
RE: finding NULL recordsJay Blanchard31 Oct
  • Re: finding NULL recordsAlan Nilsson31 Oct
    • Re: finding NULL recordsChris31 Oct
  • Re: finding NULL recordsMartijn Tonies31 Oct
RE: finding NULL recordsJay Blanchard31 Oct
  • Re: finding NULL recordsMartijn Tonies31 Oct
RE: finding NULL recordsJay Blanchard31 Oct
  • RE: finding NULL recordsJerry Schwartz31 Oct
    • Re: finding NULL recordsMartijn Tonies31 Oct
      • Re: finding NULL recordsmizioumt15 Nov
        • RE: finding NULL recordsJerry Schwartz15 Nov
          • Re: finding NULL recordsJoerg Bruehe16 Nov
            • Re: finding NULL recordsJoerg Bruehe16 Nov
            • Re: finding NULL recordsmizioumt17 Nov
          • Re: finding NULL recordsmizioumt17 Nov