List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Moran Date:October 26 2006 5:42pm
Subject:Re: Client being locked out by aborted connections

> > Bill, you can up the value of 'max_connect_errors' (default is 10 it
> > appears) to make this problem appear less frequently while you
> > troubleshoot.
>
> Thanks for the thought, Dan.  Before I do that, I'll just add a cron
> job to do the flush-hosts every hour or so.
>
> Either way, both of those solutions are simply workarounds.

For the archives, I've established that the problem is a result of Nagios
running check_tcp.  Disabling the Nagios check makes the problem stop.
This isn't very good for us as it breaks our monitoring.  I'm aware
of check_mysql, but read on.

I can not find any way to disable this connection disabling.  It makes
sense to me that the default configuration would have this security
feature, but not to be able to turn it off is punching sysadmins in the
face.

I'm going to take this discussion to the MySQL bugs mailing list to see
what kind of feedback I can get.

Thanks for the input.

--
Bill Moran