List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 24 2006 6:29am
Subject:Re: Does 'insert' return a value?
View as plain text

> No,I mean the position of the recorde in the table

In the SQL world, records don't have a "position" in a table.

When you request data, you will get a "resultset", not access to a table.

The resultset is derived from the actual table data.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

> 2006/10/23, Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped>:
> >

> > > When I insert a record into a table
> > > Does the insert return a value that where the record have been
inserted
> > > into?
> >
> > What do you mean by "where the record have been inserted into"?
> >
> > The physical position?

Thread
Does 'insert' return a value?黄小聪23 Oct
  • Re: Does 'insert' return a value?Chris23 Oct
  • Re: Does 'insert' return a value?Martijn Tonies23 Oct
  • Re: Does 'insert' return a value?Martijn Tonies24 Oct
    • Re: Does 'insert' return a value?Chris24 Oct