List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joshua J. Kugler Date:October 19 2006 9:08pm
Subject:Re: mysqlclient in Apache
View as plain text
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 20:44, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Oct 18), Danny Swarzman said:
> > I'm developing an Apache module that uses mySQL. It needs to be able
> > to talk to a remote host.
> >
> > I'm doing this in a Mac.
> >
> > I have a simple program in C that calls mysql_real_connect(). It
> > works with a remote host and with the localhost.
> >
> > When I put the same code into my Apache module, the call to
> > mysql_real_connect() fails.
> >
> > Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
>
> In the last episode (Oct 18), Danny Swarzman said:
> > I posted a question about running mysql in an Apache module. Maybe I
> > need a list with a different focus. Please suggest.
>
> This list is fine; you just need to include more detail, I think.  Like
> the error code you get from mysql_real_connect(), for starters.

You might want to look at the source code for mod_auth_mysql (apache module)
for some pointers on doing stuff like that.  Hope that helps.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111
Thread
Anyone know a good list for mysql under the hood?Danny Swarzman19 Oct
  • Re: mysqlclient in ApacheDan Nelson19 Oct
    • Re: mysqlclient in ApacheJoshua J. Kugler19 Oct