List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:William R. Mussatto Date:October 18 2006 8:41pm
Subject:Re: Simple JOIN on three tables
View as plain text
On Wed, October 18, 2006 13:37, spacemarc said:
> 2006/10/18, Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped>:
>
>> You can join on any row(s) you like. What are you trying to acccomplish?
>
> I simply want to select the records from my three tables that are
> comprised in time interval.
> Now, the first table comprises the records until to 2004 year; the
> second table unitl 2005 and the third table until 2006.
>
> If a user select a date (example) between 2005 and 2006 I want to
> select the data from two tables....
>
> --
> http://www.spacemarc.it

Then it is really a UNION. I hope you have the date field as an index
otherwise you are looking at a table scan which is always slow.

-------

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27
FAX. 909-608-7061

Thread
Simple JOIN on three tablesspacemarc18 Oct
  • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesWilliam R. Mussatto18 Oct
  • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesRolando Edwards18 Oct
    • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesspacemarc18 Oct
      • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesPeter Brawley18 Oct
        • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesspacemarc18 Oct
          • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesWilliam R. Mussatto18 Oct
            • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesspacemarc18 Oct
          • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesPeter Brawley18 Oct
      • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesWilliam R. Mussatto18 Oct
  • Re: Simple JOIN on three tablesMartijn Tonies19 Oct