List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Hamm Date:October 16 2006 6:39pm
Subject:Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_Id
View as plain text
Alright, I'll abandon UPC, I'm trying to serialize all components i.e. video
cards, keyboards, sound cards, etc and when I process these info into
database I would like for it to give me the image of bar code with number on
bottom and small enough to put on the metal side of components i.e. ethernet
card, sound card and so on. Here is what I found so far:

http://www.ashberg.de/php-barcode/index.php?code=01234567890&scale=2&bar=UPC

The reason why I select UPC is because it is almost impossible to become
unreadable compared to other encodes.

Any better suggestions?

On 10/16/06, Gerald L. Clark <gerald_clark@stripped> wrote:

> Scott Hamm wrote:
> > I'm trying to create a table as follows:
> >
> > CREATE TABLE Inv_Id (
> > ID INT(12) AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
> > MID INT NOT NULL,
> > FOREIGN (MID) REFERENCES 'Model' (ID)
> > );
> >
> > How do I make ID to start out as '000000000001' for UPC barcode
> assignment?
>
> UPC barcodes are not sequential numbers.
> They are composed of a casecode prefix, a manufacturers id, a
> partnumber, and a check digit.
>
> You cannot use an autoincrement number as a UPC.
>
> --
> Gerald L. Clark
> Supplier Systems Corporation

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

CREATE TABLE Inv_IdScott Hamm16 Oct
  • Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdGerald L. Clark16 Oct
    • Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdScott Hamm16 Oct
    • Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdRolando Edwards16 Oct
    • Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdGabriel PREDA16 Oct
      • Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdScott Hamm16 Oct
  • Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdDan Buettner16 Oct
  • Re: Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdMartijn Tonies19 Oct
    • RE: Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdJerry Schwartz19 Oct
Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdScott Hamm19 Oct
  • Re: Re: CREATE TABLE Inv_IdDan Buettner19 Oct