List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:October 12 2006 11:53am
Subject:Re: Table status for innodb tables show "innodb free" 2 times
View as plain text
Dominik,

what does SHOW TABLE STATUS show for other tables?

Are you using innodb_file_per_table?

Best regards,

Heikki
Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up
MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

I recently deleted about 7.000.000 rows from a table, there are about
4.000.000 left.
So I want to know how much space is free in table space now and execute:

mysql> show table status like "table"\G
             Name: table
           Engine: InnoDB
          Version: 10
       Row_format: Compact
             Rows: 4354196
   Avg_row_length: 210
      Data_length: 917536768
Max_data_length: 0
     Index_length: 2294349824
        Data_free: 0
   Auto_increment: 35040856
      Create_time: 2006-10-12 10:29:36
      Update_time: NULL
       Check_time: NULL
        Collation: latin1_german1_ci
         Checksum: NULL
   Create_options:
          Comment: InnoDB free: 6144 kB; InnoDB free: 1762304 kB
1 row in set (0,26 sec)

Why does it show two values for InnoDB free? Which one is correct?

I use MySQL 5.0.21

Regards
Dominik

Thread
Table status for innodb tables show "innodb free" 2 timesDominik Klein12 Oct
Re: Table status for innodb tables show "innodb free" 2 timesHeikki Tuuri12 Oct
  • Re: Table status for innodb tables show "innodb free" 2 timesDominik Klein12 Oct