List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 11 2006 6:12pm
Subject:Re: moving to other web server
View as plain text
>Still don't get it

Did you read the section of that manual page headed "Join processing
changes in MySQL 5.0.12"? It explains why and how to rewrite all such
queries using explicit JOIN ... ON | USING syntax.

PB

-----

afan@stripped wrote:
> Still don't get it
> :(
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Take a look at the answer written by Peter Brawley to Jason Chan at Oct
>> 10, 2006, ~04:34 PM. Answer included below:
>>

>>> Jason
>>>
>>> following statement works in 4 but not 5
>>>
>>> SELECT f.*, c.id as cat_id, c.position as cat_position, c.state as
>>> cat_state, c.name as cat_name, c.description as cat_desc,
>>>             c.image, c.url, m.member_name as mod_name, m.member_id as
>>> mod_id, m.is_group, m.group_id, m.group_name, m.mid
>>>             FROM ibf_forums f, ibf_categories c
>>>               LEFT JOIN ibf_moderators m ON (f.id=m.forum_id)
>>>             WHERE c.id=f.category
>>>             ORDER BY c.position, f.position
>>>
>>> Look up joins in the 5.0 or 5.1 manual. As of 5.0.12, MySQL implemented
>>> ANSI/ISO compliance, breaking comma joins of the sort you use above. You
>>> need explicit JOIN ... ON | USING syntax to remove referential
>>> ambiguities.
>>>
>>> PB
>>>
>>> -----

>> --
>> Anders Lundgren
>> Master Software Engineer
>> Viba IT Handelsbolag
>> Web: http://www.vibait.se
>>

>> afan@stripped wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> currently using mysql 4.0.18. want to move to 5.0 (latest stable version
>>> for commercil use). is there anytihng I have to be considered DB will
>>> not
>>> work?
>>>
>>> thanks.
>>>
>>> -afan

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.2/471 - Release Date: 10/10/2006
Thread
moving to other web serverafan11 Oct
  • Re: moving to other web serverAnders Lundgren11 Oct
    • Re: moving to other web serverafan11 Oct
      • Re: moving to other web serverPeter Brawley11 Oct
        • Re: moving to other web serverOw Mun Heng12 Oct