List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Sullivan Date:April 18 1999 3:44pm
View as plain text
Heres what I'm running:

Database with one table containing 2000+ entries.

What I need to do:

On a selection with search criteria for two matching column items (i.e.
CATEGORY and ID), I would like to return, a certain range of matching
items.  So for example, I run a select statement for those two matching
columns, and it returns 515 matching column items.  Now out of the returned
515, I only want the db client to return matchs 1 through 20 or 21 through
40, and so on. I know i could easily accomplish this script side (using
perl + mod DBI) with some limited sorting, but that eats up alot of memory
to narrow down 515 to a specific range.  I was hoping that there were some
available function or call that would work.

Any suggestions anyone may have, are appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)hink (D)ifferent

Paul Sullivan           P. 305.377.2880
System Administrator    F. 305.377.2870
Plexus InterACTIVE      E. psullivan@stripped

syntaxPaul Sullivan18 Apr
  • Re: syntaxEduardo Arino de la Rubia18 Apr