List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 10 2006 2:34pm
Subject:Re: SQL statement work in mysql4 but not mysql5
View as plain text
Jason

following statement works in 4 but not 5

SELECT f.*, c.id as cat_id, c.position as cat_position, c.state as
cat_state, c.name as cat_name, c.description as cat_desc,
             c.image, c.url, m.member_name as mod_name, m.member_id as
mod_id, m.is_group, m.group_id, m.group_name, m.mid
             FROM ibf_forums f, ibf_categories c
               LEFT JOIN ibf_moderators m ON (f.id=m.forum_id)
             WHERE c.id=f.category
             ORDER BY c.position, f.position

Look up joins in the 5.0 or 5.1 manual. As of 5.0.12, MySQL implemented
ANSI/ISO compliance, breaking comma joins of the sort you use above. You
need explicit JOIN ... ON | USING syntax to remove referential ambiguities.

PB

-----