List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris W Date:October 10 2006 8:39am
Subject:Re: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"
View as plain text
Read the section on the manual on the Client and Utility programs,
specifically mysql.  The syntax is essentially the same as you have in
your code .... something like this from the command line....

mysql -u dbUser -pMyPassword dbName <SomeFileWithLotsOfSQLCommands.sql

Note there is no space between the '-p' and the password.

Daevid Vincent wrote:
> Could you be more specific? What is "SOURCE"? Where do I use that? I tried
> to search, but I find a lot of hits related to source code.

Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com

Thread
What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Daevid Vincent10 Oct
Re: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Chris10 Oct
RE: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Ligaya A. Turmelle10 Oct
  • RE: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Daevid Vincent10 Oct
    • Re: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Chris W10 Oct