List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:October 10 2006 1:00am
Subject:What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"
View as plain text
Currently I run an 'updater' script to run through a directory of .sql files
using something like this in PHP:

	$COMMAND = "mysql ".$OPTION['db_prefix'].$db." < ".$mydir.$filename;
	system($COMMAND, $ret);

What would be the equivallent way to to this in a PHP mysql_query(""); way?

I see "LOAD", but that only works for data it seems.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html

These scripts I use have ALTER statements and CREATE and all other types of
SQL in them and almost no data actually.

mySQL 5.0.15

ÐÆ5ÏÐ

Thread
What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Daevid Vincent10 Oct
Re: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Chris10 Oct
RE: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Ligaya A. Turmelle10 Oct
  • RE: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Daevid Vincent10 Oct
    • Re: What's the PHP equivallent of "mysql mydb < somefile.sql"Chris W10 Oct