List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 9 2006 7:33am
Subject:Re: How to not repeat fields
View as plain text
Hi,

> Yes, it still allows duplicate (equal) rows to be inserted :(

Show us the result of your SELECT * from wl_users

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

> Best Regards,
> Deckard
>
> Paul DuBois wrote:
> > At 22:21 +0100 10/8/06, Deckard wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Ok, naow i have this:
> >>
> >> CREATE TABLE wl_users(wl_user_id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, name
> >> VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, email VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, password VARCHAR(32)
> >> NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (wl_user_id, name, email, password)) TYPE=MyISAM;
> >>
> >> and it lets repeated rows.
> >
> > You have a PRIMARY KEY on all four columns in the table, so every
> > combination of values for those four columns is required to be unique.
> >
> > Therefore, if you have repeated rows in the table, that's very strange.
> >
> > I claim you don't really have repeated rows. :-)
> >
> > Can you provide a test case that shows repeats?
> >

> >> How can i avoid the repeates rows ?

Thread
How to not repeat fieldsDeckard8 Oct
  • Re: How to not repeat fieldsPaul DuBois8 Oct
    • Re: How to not repeat fieldsDeckard8 Oct
      • Re: How to not repeat fieldsPaul DuBois8 Oct
        • Re: How to not repeat fieldsDeckard8 Oct
          • Re: How to not repeat fieldsPaul DuBois9 Oct
            • Re: How to not repeat fieldsDeckard9 Oct
              • Re: How to not repeat fieldsPaul DuBois9 Oct
  • Re: How to not repeat fieldsMartijn Tonies9 Oct