List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Sansom Date:October 8 2006 8:54am
Subject:Re: Too many open processes??
View as plain text
At 17:37 -0700 7/10/06, Cabbar Duzayak wrote:
>I am using mysql_pconnect from PHP to connect to our mysql server.

>Is there a way to configure mysql so that it will kill a process after
>a certain period of idle time, just like Apache does?

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but as I understand it
(which is hazily :-) ), mysql_pconnect creates a persistent
connection, which may not be what you want. Try plain mysql_connect
instead and see what happens. It's what I always use and it's never
caused any problems, but then I only deal with small databases
(certainly compared with some on this list!)...

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice -
there are two other possibilities: one is paperwork,
and the other is nostalgia.
    -- Frank Zappa
Thread
Too many open processes??Cabbar Duzayak8 Oct
  • Re: Too many open processes??Dan Nelson8 Oct
  • Re: Too many open processes??Chris Sansom8 Oct